Lombardozzi Family Teams Up with the Nationals and JK Moving Services to Support Storm Relief Efforts
Fans may donate items throughout the week at Nationals Clubhouse Team Stores and Our Lady of Good Counsel High School
WHAT: Washington Nationals infielder Steve Lombardozzi Jr. and his father, 1987 World Series champion Steve Lombardozzi Sr., have teamed up with the Nationals and JK Moving Services, the team’s Official Mover, to support relief and recovery efforts in the areas devastated by Superstorm Sandy.
Beginning today, fans are encouraged to bring donations to the Nationals Clubhouse Main Team Store at Nationals Park from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. through Friday (November 13-16). Nationals Clubhouse Team Stores at Tysons Corner and Dulles Town Center will also be accepting donations from 10:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. today through Saturday (November 13-17) and 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Sunday (November 18). * All those who donate items will receive 15% off their purchase on full price merchandise at any of the Team Store locations.
Additionally, donations are being collected at Our Lady of Good Counsel High School in the front office and in the Kane Center Gym Lobby Tuesday through Sunday (November 13-18). The Lombardozzis and JK Moving Services will deliver the collected items in a donated 35-foot long JK truck to the Community Food Bank of New Jersey in Hillside, N.J. on Tuesday, November 20.
Items most needed at this time include:
· Canned foods including soups, stews, chili, tuna, peanut butter and canned milk (pop-top preferred, but please avoid glass containers)
· Bottled water – one liter or smaller bottles for easier transport
· Powdered milk, baby formula and bottles
· Personal care items including disposable diapers, soap, wipes, toilet paper, first aid kits and feminine products
· Household items including garbage bags, zip lock bags, paper plates and cups, plastic utensils, duct tape, matches, batteries, flashlights, disinfectant and cleaning materials
· Disposable charcoal grills and charcoal
· New blankets and sleeping bags
In addition to these efforts, MLB and MLBPA jointly contributed $1 million to organizations helping communities devastated by Superstorm Sandy. Additional information is available at www.mlb.com/sandyrelief.
WHEN & WHERE:
Nationals Clubhouse Main Team Store
Nationals Park Center Field Gate at Half & N Street, SE, Washington, DC
Tuesday, Nov. 13 to Friday, Nov. 16: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Nationals Clubhouse Team Stores – Tysons Corner & Dulles Town Center
1961 Chain Bridge Rd. Suite E-5U, Tysons Corner, VA & 21100 Dulles Town Circle, Suite 156 Dulles, VA
Tuesday, Nov. 13 to Saturday, Nov. 17: 10 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Sunday, Nov. 18: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Our Lady of Good Counsel High School
17301 Old Vic Blvd., Olney, MD
Tuesday, Nov. 13 to Friday, Nov. 16: 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. in Front Office; 3 p.m. – 6 p.m. in Kane Center Gym Lobby
Saturday, Nov. 17 & Sunday, Nov. 18: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. in Gym Lobby